May Mikhail Khoury is a mother of three, was born in Ramallah, Palestine, where her passion for folklore and crafts was first ignited.
Upon discovering her artistic instinct, May worked hard to eventually become an avid antiques collector and a cultural conservationist.
For over 19 years now, May’s creations have earned her a deserving status as a Traditional Handicraft Designer and devotee.
Her employment of Arab artisans has not only helped them attain financial liberty, but also nurtured their craftsmanship skills in developing attractive contemporary handicrafts, thus preserving myriad traditional facets from fading away.
May became a worldwide promoter of the rich Arabian heritage, transforming its aged beauty with new furniture and clothing designs to adorn the modern-day home.
Her fresh approach to redesigning folkloric pieces has gained popularity with younger and older generations alike. The upcycling process of breathing new life into older pieces has become her trademark in producing desirable, artistic and functional creations.
- Member of the International Designers Association-
- Member of The World Crafts Council.
- Member of Abu Dhabi Art Hub
- Member of Alhoush Network http://alhoush.com/may-mikhail-khoury
- Member of International Women Forum, Jordan Branch
- Member of the Jordanian Forum for Business & Professional Women,
Was invited to Abu Dhabi Art Hub to give a speech about her Upcycling Concept of Design on July 28, 2013.
- Spoke at Abu Dhabi Art Hub July 2013
- Participated in the “Beirut Art Fair” , September 19-21 2013 as a member of Abu Dhabi Art Hub, showing 4 of her furniture creations - being the only designer from Jordan.
Spoke at the 10th Conference on “Women Entrepreneurship” - Tehran Iran
On Upcycling Concept of Design - February 2014.
- Participated in the exhibition THIS IS PALESTINE – Dubai - March 2014
- Participated in the Nantong International Contemporary Crafts Biennale October 2014 and donated her creation (KURSI TANJARA CHAIR) to The Nantong Cultural & Creative Industry Park
Ranked by A Design Award & Competition (Como - Italy) as
#2 Jordan’s Best Designer
#6 Best Designer of the World for the Arts,Crafts& Ready-Made Designs Category
#75 Best Designer of the World
- UNESCO (Paris) – 2nd Place Winner for Best Design in Handicrafts Category
- ADesign Award and Competition (Como – Italy) – Silver A’Design Award for “Lagan” coffee table in the category of Arts, Craft and Ready Made Design 2012-2013
- ADesign Award and Competition (Como – Italy) – Silver A’Design Award for “Moabrada” console in the category of Arts, Craft and Ready Made Design 2013-2014
- ADesign Award and Competition (Como – Italy) – Gold A’Design Award for “Qadem Hooks” console in the category of Arts, Craft and Ready Made Design 2013-2014